Tuesday, November 17, 2009

No house...

It's for the best. It was ours for the taking, if we wanted it, and I think that was what pushed us to finally make a decison. Not about do we want this house but do we want a house at all?

Yes, it would still be a smart investment. Yes, the $8000 tax credit and low interest rates make it unbelievably irresistible for first-time home owners to buy. But, when it came down to the wire, we weren't ready. We don't NEED a house. And, that was it. Cold feet- the timing wasn't right. Sure, there will be other houses, and sure, we'll find a great one someday. Adam says he won't regret passing this one up, but I'm saying goodbye to the dream that I'll see ALL my wishlist items again in one house.

Thanks to everyone who gave us support along the emotional rollercoaster ride of the last 4 days! (I'll rephrase: it was an emotional rollercoaster for me. I've been informed Adam doesn't get "nervous" or "devastated." Lucky for me that he balances me out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment