Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chag Sameach

Happy Holidays! It's easy to miss home around the holidays, but I'm lucky that I just saw my family two weeks ago, and we now have an adoptive family here in Minneapolis. Justin's family has been very generous to us, and we were grateful to be invited to his house for Passover. The seder topped out at 19 guests and I'm amazed by how much of his extensive family lives in Minneapolis. It's just one of those things I'm realizing about this town. People don't leave. And if they do, they come back.

Passover is one of my favorite holidays, and I always wonder why I feel this way when it's the middle of the week and I'm sick of matzah and have indigestion. Although, I will admit to being lax about keeping kosher for Passover when it comes to beer and ice cream. This past weekend was perfect. 55 degrees still doesn't quite feel like spring to me, but if it's 55 and sunny, you can't stay indoors!

We began the weekend by being Minneapolis trendsters because we a.) went to a concert b.) of this cool local band that c.) I found through listening to my radio station, The Current. Naturally, I felt very hip. And what's a cool concert without craft beers on tap?

On Saturday, we walked around the greater Uptown neighborhood and finally went to the Minneapolis Institute of Art. I was surprised by the impressive size of the museum and the breadth of their collection. In fact, it was so big that we saw only 50% of all there is to see. And what better way to cap a perfect afternoon at the museum than to eat ice cream? In a cone... Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment