Sunday, August 23, 2009

We're Engaged!!!!!!!

Adam proposed to me on my birthday yesterday, and we're engaged! Here's the story:

My birthday did not start out that well... let's just say it's smarter to celebrate your birthday on your birthday and not the night before. This way, you don't risk feeling ill on the day of. Anyhow, I'd been in Orlando and Adam had been in Hilton Head, so we reunited yesterday afternoon at the Minneapolis airport. We rested in the afternoon and went out for a late dinner at a neighborhood French restaurant we've both been wanting to try. We had a delicious meal, sharing all the dishes. After we finished eating, Adam suggested we walk home by the lake. Lake Calhoun is a special place to us because we're always there, and it's the number 1 reason we've learned to love our Minneapolis neighborhood.

Shortly after we got to the lake walking path, Adam pulled me over near a street lamp and started getting down on one knee. I knew what that indicated and yet the surprise sent my head spinning. I concentrated on what he was saying so I'd remember forever. "Rachael Baird, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" Somehow, in my overwhelmed, flustered state, I managed to say yes!

Isn't it perfect?!? The first pictures of the ring:




So, obviously, we're in the very early stages of planning anything but an engagement party will be in the works soon. We're both so excited and eager to celebrate with our family and friends back on the east coast. Perhaps an engagement party in DC is in order! As for a wedding date, well, haha don't ask but do stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Getting engaged is a big, life-changing deal. Along those lines, I invite you to check out this video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/197 -- about one couple's similar "aha moment." Hope you like it, and best of luck.

    Thanks -- jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete