Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Green wedding dresses

No, not literally the color green--the recycling green. What if you don't want to spend $2000 on a wedding gown, but have expensive taste? Buy used! I want to feel special and beautiful on my wedding day (duh), but I can't shake the feeling of displeasure at spending so much money on a dress I will wear. one. time.

Here's a used gown I found online from the designer I like, Mikaella, but it's not "the" dress. However, the girl has already had the dress altered to fit her 4'11" frame (rachael size!) and has my must-have sweetheart neckline.


As much as I claim to support buying used for environmental reasons, I mostly just want a good deal. So, I don't want to pay 75% of the original retail price--I want to pay no more than 50%. Tell me, friend, how desperate are you to unload that wedding gown you'll never wear?

In the mean time, my sister has offered to pay for the difference in what it would cost to NOT buy used. There's some strong opposition out there... so I may buy off the rack then turn around and resell my dress.

2 comments:

  1. As much as I claim to support buying used for environmental reasons, I mostly just want a good deal. So, I don't want to pay 75% of the original retail price--I want to pay no more than 50%. Tell me, friend, how desperate are you to unload that wedding gown you'll never wear? modest bridesmaid dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of this wedding dress shop, you can for your viewing and purchase, sincerely hope to help you, I wish you a happy life! vestidos de graduación vestiti da cerimonia 2014

    ReplyDelete