Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm on a bike

You know that viral Andy Samberg/T-Pain SNL video short?



Well, I've had that song stuck in my head all day. Not because I've been on a boat but because I got a new bike today! (I'm on a bike... I'm on a bike... Never thought I'd be on a bike...) The annual neighborhood garage sale event was today, and it's the kick-off to what I've been led to understand is a big garage sale season. Throughout our neighborhood, rummage sales spilled out on to folks' lawns. Adam found me a $10 road bike that needs some serious TLC, but $10 is a steal! The rear brakes need repair, and the bike will probably require more frequent maintenance than I'm currently capable of doing myself. Plus, the previous owner's DIY black spray paint job is not to my liking, but at least that much I can handle.

Our other acquisitions include a potted rubber tree plant, an end table, and large speakers for Adam's dream surround sound experience. Total spent: $34.

No comments:

Post a Comment